Food Justice explores the history and future of our food system with a focus on three themes: community, equity and sustainability.
The goals of this conference are to:
- Share research from across disciplines
- Build opportunities for collaboration among scholars, policymakers, practitioners and activists
- Connect Eugene’s food and agriculture community to national and international groups
- Investigate the relationship between regional food movements and social media
- Consider the roles of women, indigenous groups and youth in farming and food culture
Food Justice is free and open to the public, as space allows. Click to read more.
Website photo credits:Volunteers making emergency food boxes: Daniel Root, Photoforce and Oregon Food Bank • Portraits of Frederick L. Kirschenmann: Connie Falk • Header images for About and Multimedia sections: Barron Bixler